Home
    Symposium    Directory    Resources    Forums    Blog    Awards
 
 
Welcome to the WISE newsletter, a program of
The Falcone Center for Entrepreneurship at Syracuse University
 

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

One simple task to do today

Seth Godin, author of Permission Marketing, last week asked business people to do one simple, five-minute task which he promises will pay off quickly. The task? Ask your web team -- or web developer -- to show you all of your error pages. In other words, find those bad links on your web site, pages that don't display when they should, etc., and fix them. Why? Error pages may frustrate your customers and drive them away.

Yes, this could be a quick task. Godin says it will take five minutes. Even if it takes longer, it will be worth it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Tammy Ames said...

Goodness its never a 5 minute job for me. But Seth Godin is right about that - I get frustrated when I get a link from a search engine and the whole site is GONE. I check and fix my error pages a couple times a week. They may not all be my links that are off - sometimes it is how others link to my site via articles etc BUT if I don't fix them, people will leave! Great task to keep front of mind.
Tammy

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home