Home
    Symposium    Directory    Resources    Forums    Blog    Awards
 
 
Welcome to the WISE newsletter, a program of
The Falcone Center for Entrepreneurship at Syracuse University
 

Friday, June 17, 2005

Blog readers

You may be reading this blog by going to the blog's web site and seeing if there is anything new. However, there is a better way of reading blogs, which delivers the content to you from several blogs (of your choosing) in one place and at the same time.

Blog readers are tools (web sites) on the Internet that allow you to monitor/read many blogs at once. (They are often referred to as RSS readers.) The one I use is Bloglines. It allows me to track many blogs at the same time. I can save items (postings) to read later, e-mail postings to other people, and change which blogs I read at anytime. Bloglines has a notifier compenent that you can download and install on your PC that will tell you when one of the blogs has posted new content.

How long does it take to setup a blog reader? 5 - 10 minutes. Honest.

How often might you check your blog reader to read something? Once a day...more often if you find the information useful.

How many blogs might you read? According to Bloglines the average number of blogs (or news feeds) someone monitors is more than 20. At the moment, I'm monitoring around 50. No, I don't read them all in-depth. Some I only look at the headlines and some I read selected articles. Why do I monitor so many? Because they help me stay up-to-date in my area of expertise, help me generate ideas, and keep me informed.

You can read more information about blog/RSS readers at:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home